First Bank of Nigeria Limited (First Bank) is Nigeria’s premier commercial bank and most valuable banking brand. With over 10 million active customer accounts and more than 750 business locations, we provide a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services to customers and investors wishing to explore the vast business opportunities available in Nigeria and our business locations across Africa, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
- Reporting to the Head, Strategy and Corporate Development, the ideal candidate will have overall responsibility of creating and shaping the Bank’s strategic innovation agenda across its vast network and through different business areas by harnessing the rapidly advancing technological environment.
- Create an innovation system that can repeatedly identify and build future growth businesses within and outside the bank, representing new sources of short, medium, and long-term sustainable growth; and Facilitate team creativity to improve the efficiency of the development team.
- Coordinate cross-organizational collaboration, idealization and research activity to make recommendations for new product/service development.
- Coordinate projects for the promotion and development of new innovations.
- Support business units in developing initiatives for new products and services; and keep innovation program within agreed budget.
- Evaluate innovation efforts to ensure both return on investment and support feedback loops of learning and improvement
- Minimum of 10 years relevant banking experience in innovation, business development, and/or strategy experience with at least 4 years in Middle Management role
- Good working knowledge of Project Management and Agile Methodology
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Excellent use of office collaboration tools
- Good knowledge of computer usage
- Excellent presentation skills.