KPMG Nigeria is providing professional services to the agricultural sector and food value chain – commencing with the primary producer and moving through to the retailer and end-consumer. Our strength in serving this sector is derived from our skills, experience and our team of industry specialists.We are uniquely positioned to support governments at all levels as well as investors looking to tap into the huge potentials of the sector. We work very closely with our clients to understand their exact needs and add value through the application of our knowledge and experience. The organisation is recruiting for the position below:
Application Deadline: not specified
- The Chief Accountant will be in charge of full accounting functions including revenue & cash flow forecasting, budgeting, costing, cost tracking, monitoring and controlling. As well as perform the analyzing of margins, variances and cost while ensuring timely closing of accounts and achieving overall goals and objectives of the accounts and finance department in the company and general supervision and overseeing the department.
- Assures financial forecasting, budgeting, costing, cost tracking, project costing, monitoring and control
- Assures that financial incomes & spending is in line with approved monthly and yearly budgets, analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis
- Analyzes the company’s financial performance periodically and make long term financial forecasts to aid management decision making
- Advise ways of cutting costs and improving top line to the CFO & Management
- Provide information for financial internal audits, admin and investigations
- Works with all departments and the management team to help make good financial analysis and decisions
- Supervise the entire day to day accounting operations and finance team of the farm
- Produces monthly, Quarterly financial cash flow reports for decision making
- Advises the CFO and Management/board on matters related to finances on monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications, i.e. MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Tally ERP etc.
- A HND or University degree in Accounting/Accountancy. Post graduate degree (MBA, MSC) an added advantage
- Possession of relevant Professional Qualification e.g. ICAN, ACCA, NIT etc.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience with Sound knowledge of Accounting, audit & Investigations