The University of Cape Town is pleased to announce the ongoing scholarships for South African students for 2018/2019 academic session. This ongoing scholarship was designed to support young talented scholars to become future leaders. The overarching aim of establishing this program was to transform the public higher education to improve quality and efficiency of teaching and learning, creating a world-class higher learning institution.
UCT is an inclusive and engaged research-intensive African university that inspires creativity through outstanding achievements in learning, discovery and citizenship. UCT enhances the lives of its students and staff, advancing a more equitable and sustainable social order and influencing the global higher education landscape.
The University of Cape Town (UCT) is a public research university located in Cape Town in the Western Cape province of South Africa. UCT is the oldest higher education institute and university in South Africa and currently the oldest university in Sub-Saharan Africa with over 20 000 students.
Application Deadline: 31st May, 2018
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate and Postgraduate programs.
Study Subject: Scholarship are are given to learn the courses offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The value of the scholarship is R320 000 p.a. which includes travel allowance
Nationality: Available to South African students
Number of Scholarships: Up to two scholarships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
- South African students can apply.
- Applicants have demonstrated the potential for excellent academic innovations.
- Applicants must have good command of English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applicants must have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- A standard ability to manage competing demands effectively, responsibly and without close support.
Applicants are required to provide:
- A letter of application
- A complete CV, including the names and contact details of at least two referees
- Copies of academic transcripts