The World Bank has motivated individuals to apply the fully funded international scholarships for Africans. These ongoing scholarship was designed to support young talented scholars to become future leaders.
The World Bank in association with eight governments in Eastern and Southern Africa in an innovative project which strives at improving the quality of training and research in higher education and reducing the skill gaps in key development priority areas.
The overarching aim of establishing this program was to transform the public higher education to improve quality and efficiency of teaching and learning, creating a world-class higher learning institution. This scholarship is a worldwide systematic program that will strengthen longer-term African capacity to train at the highest level, a new generation of Africans who can develop and apply appropriate mechanism in solving Africa’s most pressing challenges.
Application Deadline: 4th June, 2018
Course Level: Scholarship are available to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate program.
Study Subject: The scholarship Program are given to study the courses offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The provided financial support for each Fellowship Program will cover:
- i) Tuition fees worth $3,000 per year is given.
- ii) Stipend worth $800 is given per month to support living expenses.
- iii) Research worth $4,800 is given to support student research, payable upon approval of the research proposal
- iv) Allowance of $2,000 one-off allowance to cover visa, laptop and books
Nationality: Africans can apply
Number of Scholarships: Numbers not specified
Scholarship can be taken in USA
- The scholarship is available to Africans.
- Applicants must have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement as evidenced by academic transcripts and academic awards.
- Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- All applications must be received before the application deadline.
- Applicants must submit a completed application form.
- Applicants must submit recent passport-size photograph.
- Applicants must submit CV with names and contacts of two referees.
- Applicants must submit a certified copies of academic certificates and transcripts.