The University of Leeds is currently accepting applications for international students to study in England for the latest scholarship for 2018/2019 academic session. These notable Fellowships are designed to support you in the development of your independent research and innovation career.
The University of Leeds is a Russell Group university in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England, established in 1831. It is a founding member of the prestigious Russell Group, comprising the leading research-intensive universities in the UK, the worldwide universities network, the association of commonwealth universities, the European university association.
The University of Leeds aims to achieve academic excellence within an ethical framework informed by our values of integrity, equality, and inclusion, community, and professionalism. The University was created to provide education for the children of middle-class industrialists and merchants. Financial support from local industry was crucial in setting up the institution and aiding the students.
Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue doctoral programme.
Available Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the Faculties of Engineering, Environment and Biological Sciences
Scholarship Award: An Award worth of £32,548 – £38,833 that covers both living expenses and tuition.
Number of Scholarships: A total of two fellowships are available.
- International Students can apply.
- Good command of English as required by the university.
- Transcript of last education level.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with experience of reporting on research progress.
- Good time management and planning skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
- A standard ability to manage competing demands effectively, responsibly and without close support.
- A standard ability to work well both individually and as part of a team.
- A strong commitment to your own continuous professional development.
Applicants should submit the under listed documents;
- Your online application to Postgraduate Scholarships at Leeds.
- Doctoral Prize 2018 Application Form.
- A curriculum vitae, listing full academic history, research, and publications to date.
- Two references, one of which to be from the principal PhD supervisor.
- The references must be signed and sent as .pdf documents to pg_scholarships-at-leeds.ac.uk.