Home / Politics / Breaking!!! Army Warns Killer Herdsmen Desist Killing

Breaking!!! Army Warns Killer Herdsmen Desist Killing

Nigerian Army has warned Herdsmen to stop killing of innocent citizens or “face attack by troops”. Massive killing persists in Benue, Taraba, Kogi and Adamawa states, irrespective of the ongoing operation “Cat Race”.

More than 24 people were killed in Benue State last week in attack by herdsmen. Again 25 people has been reported dead , including a family of five, were killed in Plateau State between Saturday to Wednesday.

Army Spokesman Brig.-Gen. Texas Chukwu said the army has joined hand together with other security agencies to identify and arrest all perpetrators of those act regardless of their position in the society, including government officials.

Gen. Chukwu said that the attention of the army has been drawn fully to the continued massive killing and property destruction going on in the four states and ” has strongly warns the perpetrators of such acts to desist immediately or ” face decisive action”.

Our Rules of Engagement are clear on arson and murder. Therefore, no such acts would be allowed in any of the affected states.

“The public should please take note that when troops are called out for internal security operation and safety, they are not to joke or persuade anyone.

“We have warned our commanders on ground to take severe actions on this matter or face court martial”.

Suspected gunmen to be Fulani militia invaded Daffo village in Bokkos Local Government of Plateau State and killed five members of Rev. Bitrus Ishaya’s family that were buried in two mass graves.

Eyewitness Jerry Datim, said: “he was part of the rescue team. Those killed are 25. This very attack was initiated in January conflict between youths and the Fulani; so, on March 7, about 200 Fulani members armed, stormed the village at about 12:00pm. After the attack, five dead bodies was recovered.

“Rev. Bitrus Ishaya and his entire family were wiped out completely after the ugly incidents. Five dead bodies were recovered last Friday. With the assistance of the Mobile policemen we were able to recover more seven dead bodies. The total number of dead bodies recovered that short period was about 25 which were buried in two mass graves in Daffo.

Ambassador Adams, said that “the gunmen unleashed mayhem on people environs of Daffo district. “This attack is getting out of hand; we have had enough of these killings. This act of senseless and share disregard of our kindness and leniency for law and order must come to an end.

 

About admin

Check Also

Breaking!!! It’s Time to Free Biafrans World Leaders Decides

Innocent civilians have died and more have been injured or terrorized by Nigeria’s military acting under Buhari’s …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: